Fanstatic has a lot of cool features:
Always the right resources¶
- Bundle up resources: roll up multiple resources into one and serve the combined resource to optimize page load time. Bundled resources can be generated automatically, or can automatically served when available.
- Optimize load times: Fanstatic knows about tricks to optimize
scripttags at the bottom of your web page instead of in the
- Infinite caching: Fanstatic can publish static resources on unique URLs, so that the cache duration can be set to infinity. This means that browsers will hold on to your static resources: web server only gets that resource request once per user and no more. If a front-end in cache is in use, you reduce that to once per resource; the cache will handle all other hits.
- Automatic deployment cache invalidation: Fanstatic can automatically update all your resource URLs if new versions of resources are released in an application update. No longer do you need to instruct your user to use shift-reload in their application to refresh their resources.
- Automatic development cache invalidation: you can instruct Fanstatic to run in development mode. It will automatically use new URLs whenever you change your code now. No longer do you as a developer need to do shift-reload whenever you change a resource; just reload the page.
- Fits your web framework: Fanstatic integrates with any WSGI-compliant Python web framework.
- Roll your own: Not happy with the details of how Fanstatic works? We’ve already split the Fanstatic WSGI component into separately usable components so you can mix and match and roll your own.